Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hello and welcome!



My name is James and I have decided to start this blog to talk about my job search. I have been doing research on the subject and I believe that I have gathered a tidy amount of info. This will be a forum for me and others to provide info towards this goal.


I will begin by saying that my primary resource for these tips is books. I will often reference them and they are great tools.


I am currently employed but unfortunately my job doesn't quite allow me the financial resources to purchase a home or go on vacations, etc. These are things I would quite like to take on. Especially with the housing market the way it is. Yes please, I would like to buy a home! Anyway, I get the impression that there are a lot of people who are in this same boat- by the numbers at least.




Let's Begin Now *ding*


One of the first things you can do in your job search is to increase or enhance your online presence. Several books have recommended this: if you don't have a Facebook page, get one! No Linked-in page? Get one! Plaxo? Get on it! I can't think of any more straight off the bat so just do it!


Blammo! I just did it. You're here now and you're not gettin' away! Whilst I increase my online presence, I also need to get a new suit. I am thinking something cut well in a khaki or camel- perhaps wheatstraw. I can rock a suit in wheatstraw. Maybe a bit darker than the one above.


I read some of Donald Asher's Cracking the Hidden Job Market. He outlines the steps to begin acquiring a job in 2011AD. Information seems the most important commodity in today's job market. Who you know is of utmost importance.








No comments:

Post a Comment